Welcome to my collection. My topic is birds and I collect mostly covers but I will show you a variety of philatelic material that is part my collection.

Thursday 14 April 2011

Thank you Bryon for this nice cover from the USA.  Unfortunately, it appears and it made contact with water during its transportation.  The stamps were issued in 2005 and they are part of the Northeast Deciduous Forest.  One of them is showing Eastern Red Bat (Lasiurus borealis).  I will present the birds only.  From left to right:
Ovenbird (Seiurus aurocapillus): It is a North American Warbler leaving in forests.  It has three subspecies.
Wild Turkey (Meleagris gallopavo): We have seen this species in the past.
Red-shouldered Hawk (Buteo lineatus): It can be found in the USA and in Mexico.  It has five subspecies.  It feeds on small birds, small mammals, large insects, reptiles and amphibians.  Some  of the northern populations migrate to central Mexico in the winter.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful, hello from another Fellow bird lover from india:)
    I enjoy your blog:)😊

    ReplyDelete