Welcome to my collection. My topic is birds and I collect mostly covers but I will show you a variety of philatelic material that is part my collection.

Thursday 9 August 2012

As my previous post was so short I am posting another cover sent from Switzerland. Thank you Vural for it.  The stamps are cancelled with Geuensee's pictorial postmark. The bird stamp was issued in 1970.
Great spotted woodpecker (Dendrocopos major) can be found in northern Asia and in Europe.  It has many subspecies.  It feeds mostly on insects and grubs but when these can't be found, it can also eat fruit, seeds, small rodents, eggs etc.

4 comments:

  1. Hello!

    I nominated you for the Liebster award!

    Please claim it from my blog:

    http://moneyisnoobject-fashion.blogspot.com/2012/10/liebster-award.html

    Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have beautiful cards!
    Would you be interested in sharing with me?
    I have postcards from the library in Prague but certainly znalazłabym something that interests you. Yours. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Nasia,
    I collect stamps and I like animal-themed stamps, so I’m happy to visit your blog since I don’t often meet stamp collectors who collect bird stamps and show them online. What I know about this woodpecker is that males have a crimson spot on their nape, and this is not present in baby birds and females. I found the Great spotted woodpecker (Dendrocops major) in an online stamp catalogue. It was issued on December 1, 1970. It belongs to a set of 4 bird stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have shared very valuable information about Cover and this is very important. This type of information is very useful for the people.
    Thank you so much for this

    Pincodezone

    ReplyDelete