Welcome to my collection. My topic is birds and I collect mostly covers but I will show you a variety of philatelic material that is part my collection.

Tuesday 28 December 2010


Thank you Andrew for this postcard from Russia. Both bird stamps used were issued in 2006.
Ross's Gull (Rhodostethia rosea): This small gull, which is named after the British explorer James Clark Ross, can be found in arctic north part of North America and in northeast Siberia. It migrates south but on a short distance. It can eat any small prey.
Siberian Crane or Snow Crane (Grus leucogeranus): It can be found in wetlands in arctic Russia and western Siberia. It migrates in China, Iran and India. It eats aquatic plants. It is classified as critical.

2 comments:

  1. You have a very nice blog to!
    I am going to send you a cover with some Venezuelan stamps next week.
    www.jesusmoretdeer.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, I will send you a cover too.

    ReplyDelete