Welcome to my collection. My topic is birds and I collect mostly covers but I will show you a variety of philatelic material that is part my collection.

Sunday 30 May 2010


Here is one of my Chinese covers, thank you CJ. The set was issued in 1997 and it is a joint issue with Sweden.
Lady Amherst's Pheasant (Chrysolophus amherstiae): It is native to south western China and Myanmar. Only the male has such a colorful plumage. A small population has been introduced to England. It feeds on grains, leaves and invertebrates. At night it roosts at trees.
Ring-necked Pheasant ( Phasianus colchicus): Ring-necked pheasant is the name for subspecies of the Common Pheasant, a game bird native to Russia. This subspecies have been introduced as game birds in many parts of the world. There are about 30 subspecies. they prefer to live in grasslands near water and they eat fruit, leaves, invertebrates, seeds, snakes, birds, small mammals and lizards.

No comments:

Post a Comment