Welcome to my collection. My topic is birds and I collect mostly covers but I will show you a variety of philatelic material that is part my collection.

Saturday 29 May 2010



I want to thank my friend in Nicaragua for sending me this cover. The stamps were issued in 1991.
Yellow-headed Amazon Parrot (Amazona oratrix): It lives in Central America and it is threatened. It is a popular pet. Its feathers are green with a yellow head and its tail is short.
Keel-billed Tucan (Ramphastos sulfuratus): It lives in South America and it is the national bird of Belize. Its body is black and its neck and chest are yellow. It also has a big colorful bill.
White-necked Jacobin (Florisuga mellivora): It is a large hummingbird living in Central and South America. Its belly and tail are white, it has a white band on the nape and its head is dark blue.

No comments:

Post a Comment