Welcome to my collection. My topic is birds and I collect mostly covers but I will show you a variety of philatelic material that is part my collection.

Sunday 30 May 2010

I want to thank Catalina for sending me this cover from Villarrica in Chile. The top stamp issued in 2007 has the inscription "Region de Magallanes y Antartica" and the bottom one issued in 2006 "Antartica Chilena XII REGION".

Emperor Penguin (Aptenodytes forsten): It is the biggest of all penguins and it is endemic to Antarctica. It can stay underwater from 18 minutes hunting fish or krill. Due to climate changes this penguin is an endangered species.

Gentoo Penguin (Pygoscelis papua): Its white patch above its eyes makes hard to confuse this penguin. There are two subspecies. It can be found in subantarctic islands.

No comments:

Post a Comment