Welcome to my collection. My topic is birds and I collect mostly covers but I will show you a variety of philatelic material that is part my collection.

Sunday 21 November 2010

For today I chose this cover from Argentina, thank you Viviana! Four bird stamps were used. The first two were released in 1976 and the last two in 1972. From left to right:
Golden-collared Macaw (Primolius auricollis): This small macaw is native to Central America mainly in lowlands. It feeds on seeds, flower buds and fruit. It is one of the few lucky parrot species to be classified as least concern.
Plush-crested Jay (Cyanocorax chrysops): It can be found in Central-southern South America. It is also classified as least concern.
Saffron Finch (Sicalis flaveola): This South American bird eats mostly seeds. It can be found as a pet.
Rufous-bellied Thrush (Turdus rufiventris): It can be found in South America and since 2002 it is Brazil's national bird. It's of least concern and it feeds on arthropods and seeds.

No comments:

Post a Comment