Welcome to my collection. My topic is birds and I collect mostly covers but I will show you a variety of philatelic material that is part my collection.

Sunday 21 November 2010

This is my only cover from Maldive Islands. From left to right:
Asian Koel (Eudynamys scolopaceus): The stamp was released in 2002. It lives in South and Southeast Asia. It has five subspecies. It feeds mainly on fruit but it can also eat insects, eggs, small vertebrates and caterpillars.
Swinhoe's or Forest or Chinese Snipe (Gallinago megala): The stamp was released in 2002. It can be found in southern and central Siberia and Mongolia. In the winter it migrates to South-east Asia. It feeds on insects, earthworms and mollusks.
Osprey (Pandion haliaetus): The stamp was released in 2002. I have written before about this species.
Sooty Tern (Onychoprion fuscatus): The stamp was released in 2007. This migratory seabird has nine subspecies.

No comments:

Post a Comment