Welcome to my collection. My topic is birds and I collect mostly covers but I will show you a variety of philatelic material that is part my collection.

Thursday 24 June 2010

In 2008 Philippines issued a set of four parrot stamps. Here is a registered cover with three of them along with 2009 Mugimaki Flycatcher stamp.
Red-vented Cockatoo (Cacatua haematuropygia): This endangered species is endemic to Philippines. One of the factors that threaten it is its popularity as a pet. It feeds on seeds, fruit, flowers, nectar and buds.
Great-billed Parrot (Tanygnathus megalorhynchos): Another pet parrot. This bird can be found in forests, mangroves and woodlands is south-east Asian islands. It feeds on fruit.
Blue-naped Parrot (Tanygnathus lucionensis): It can be found in forests and plantations in Philippines and Borneo. It feeds on berries, seeds, grain and nuts. It has three subspecies and it is threatened by illegal trade in the pet market.

No comments:

Post a Comment