Welcome to my collection. My topic is birds and I collect mostly covers but I will show you a variety of philatelic material that is part my collection.

Tuesday 22 June 2010

This is my only cover from Thailand. Three of the stamps used for postage are related to my topic and they were issued in 2001, 1996 and 2008.
Mustached Parakeet (Psittacula alexandri): It is also known as Red-breasted Parakeet. It has eight subspecies and it lives in China, India and Indonesia. It is a threatened species as it is a famous pet.
Rufous-necked Hornbill (Aceros nipalensis): It lives in forests in south Asia. It is yet another endangered species. It feeds on fruit.
Green Peafowl (Pavo muticus): It lives in the tropical forests of southeast Asia. It has three subspecies. It eats fruit, reptiles, invertebrates and other small animals. It is too a threatened species. The stamp is coming from a m/s of two.

No comments:

Post a Comment