Welcome to my collection. My topic is birds and I collect mostly covers but I will show you a variety of philatelic material that is part my collection.

Saturday 5 June 2010

Little Owl (Athene noctua): The stamp was issued in 2007. This owl has a few subspecies and it is a member of the Stringidae family. It feeds on insects, earthworms, amphibians, small birds and small mammals.
Willow Tit (Poecile montanus): The stamp was issued in 1997 and it is in Belgium's old currency. This endangered species lives in Europe and it feeds on insects, caterpillars and seeds.
Spotted or Eurasian Nutcracker (Nucifraga caryocatactes): The stamp was released in 2008. This bird lives in Asia and Europe. It has ten subspecies. It feeds on seeds of pines, insects, small birds, eggs, nestlings, small rodents and carrion.

No comments:

Post a Comment