Welcome to my collection. My topic is birds and I collect mostly covers but I will show you a variety of philatelic material that is part my collection.

Thursday 3 June 2010

Unfortunately this cover was machine canceled and not all stamps have been canceled. I will write only about the three birds that did not appear in the previous cover.
Eurasian Jackdaw (Corvus monedula): The stamp was issued in 2007. It lives in western Asia, Europe and north Africa. It has four subspecies. It is an opportunist feeder. It eats food waste, a wide variety of plant material and invertebrates.
Common Snipe (Gallinago gallinago): The stamp was issued in 2003. This small wader bird lives in northern Asia and northern Europe in marshes, bogs, tundra and wet meadows. It is a migratory species. It has two subspecies. It is a game bird.
Eurasian Woodcock (Scolopax rusticola): This stamp was issued in 2009. It lives in temperate and subarctic Europe and Asia. The northern populations are migratory. It feeds on earthworms, insects and larvae, freshwater mollusks and some plant seeds. It is more active at dawn and dusk. It is a game bird.

No comments:

Post a Comment