Welcome to my collection. My topic is birds and I collect mostly covers but I will show you a variety of philatelic material that is part my collection.

Tuesday 6 July 2010


For today I chose this cover from Uzbekistan which I received a few days ago. The bird stamps are from 2009. In the second image you can see a postmark in russian that it was applied to the back of the cover. It translates:
RECEIVED WITH TRACES OF GLUE
MOSCOW MMPO
Red-breasted Goose (Branta ruficollis): This endangered goose breeds in Arctic Europe and in winter it migrates south. It feeds on grass leaves and shoots.
Whooper Swan (Cygnus cygnus): See Finland
Ferruginous Duck (Aythya nyroca): It is a medium-sized diving duck. It can be found in lakes and marshes in Asia and Europe. It migrates to North Africa. It feeds on aquatic plants, aquatic insects, small fish and molluscs.
Lesser White-fronted Goose (Anser erythropus): It can be found in northernmost Asia and there is a programme for its re-introduction to Fennoscandia. It is an endangered species. It is herbivorous.

No comments:

Post a Comment