Welcome to my collection. My topic is birds and I collect mostly covers but I will show you a variety of philatelic material that is part my collection.

Saturday 3 July 2010

I will now show you another of my self-made maxi cards. I used a 2009 stamp from Cyprus set Domestic Fowls.
Two things are wrong with the maxi card. The most visible is the quality of the postmark. This is due to the surface of the card which is not suitable for the ink used by the post office.
The second mistake is that while the stamp shows a Domestic Turkey the card shows a Wild Turkey (Meleagris Gallopavo) although they both are the same species.
Wild Turkey and specifically one of its six subspecies M.G.Gallopavo (South Mexican subspecies) is the ancestor of the domestic one. Wild Turkey is native to North America and it is omnivorous.

1 comment:

  1. This is the common problems for all the
    self-made maxicards making, fortunately,
    most of Taiwan main post offices will
    kindly provide with special fast-dry ink
    for all the maxicards postmarking use.

    ReplyDelete