Welcome to my collection. My topic is birds and I collect mostly covers but I will show you a variety of philatelic material that is part my collection.

Monday 12 July 2010

This set was issued in 1998 by USA.
Antillean Euphonia (Euphonia musica): This finch can be found in tropical and subtropical dry forests in islands of Antilles. It mainly eats berries.
Green-throated Carib (Eulampis holosericeus): This hummingbird is located in the Caribbean region. It has two subspecies.
Akohekohe or Crested Honeycreeper (Palmeria dolei): This finch is endemic to Hawaii's island Maui and it can be found in its wet forests. It feeds on nectar and insects. Its main source of food is the nectar of the Metrosideros polymorpha. It is an endangered species.
Cardinal Honeyeater (Myzomela cardinalis): It is located in Vanuatu, American Samoa, Samoa and Solomon Islands. It feeds mostly on nectar.

No comments:

Post a Comment