Welcome to my collection. My topic is birds and I collect mostly covers but I will show you a variety of philatelic material that is part my collection.

Sunday 4 July 2010

Here is another cover from Malaysia with a variety of bird stamps. From left to right:
White-faced Hill-partridge (Arborophila orientalis): This stamp is coming from 2001 Quail and Partridge set. This threatened pheasant can be found only in Indonesia's tropical and subtropical moist montanes.
White-rumped Shama (Copsychus malabaricus): I have already talked about it.
Northern Pintail (Anas acuta): The stamp was issued in 2006. This species lives in northern parts of Europe, Asia and North America. It eats plant food and small invertebrates. It is a migratory bird.
Red Junglefowl (Gallus gallus): The stamps was also released in 2001. It can be found in China, Malaysia, Philippines and Indonesia. This pheasant is the ancestor of the domestic chicken. Including the domestic one it has six subspecies. It is omnivorous.

No comments:

Post a Comment