Welcome to my collection. My topic is birds and I collect mostly covers but I will show you a variety of philatelic material that is part my collection.

Thursday 28 October 2010


Thank you Daniel for this nice cover from Philippines. The first two stamps are a part of set of four issued in 2009. The last stamp, also coming from a set of four, was released in 2004. In the Philippines can be found 16 owl species.
Luzon Scops-owl (Otus longicornis): It is endemic to the mountains of Luzon island in Philippines.
Philippine Eagle-owl (Bubo philippensis): Another owl endemic to the Philippines. It is classified as vulnerable. It feeds on small mammals and birds and it has two subspecies.
Philippine Scops-owl (Otus megalotis): Also endemic to the forests of the Philippines. It feeds on insects.

No comments:

Post a Comment