Welcome to my collection. My topic is birds and I collect mostly covers but I will show you a variety of philatelic material that is part my collection.

Friday 22 October 2010


This sheet arrived today from Czech Republic inside the above cover. The sheet was issued in 2010 while the bird stamp on the cover is a part of a similar sheet issued in 2007. I have already written about Common Roller, Wallcreeper and Eurasian Hoopoe.
Common or Eurasian Kestrel (Falco tinnunculus): It can be found in Africa, Asia, Europe and sometimes to the east coast of North America. The birds living in colder areas migrate south in the winter. It feeds on mouse-sized mammals, small birds, lizards, frogs, bats, invertebrates and insects. It has eleven subspecies.
Barred Warbler (Sylvia nisoria): It can be found in temperate Asia and eastern Europe. In winter it migrates to eastern Africa. It is insectivorous but it can also eat berries and soft fruit.
Golden Oriole (Oriolus oriolus): It lives in temperate areas of the northern hemisphere. In summer it migrates in western Asia and Europe will in winter it can be found in the tropics. It feeds on fruit and insects.

No comments:

Post a Comment