Welcome to my collection. My topic is birds and I collect mostly covers but I will show you a variety of philatelic material that is part my collection.

Thursday 28 October 2010

This registered cover from Jordan uses the complete bird issue from 1970.
White-crowned Wheatear (Oenanthe leucopyga): This flycatcher can be found in stony desserts in Africa and in the Arabian Peninsula. It is a rare vagrant to western Europe. It feeds on insects.
Palestine Sunbird (Cinnyris oseus): It can be found in sub-Saharan Africa and Middle East. It has two subspecies. It feeds on nectar and insects.
Masked Shrike (Lanius nubicus): It can be found in Iran, southeastern Europe and the eastern end of the Mediterranean. It the winter it migrates to northeast Africa. It feeds on voles, small birds, lizards and large insects.

No comments:

Post a Comment